Poulsbo Eyecare COVID Safety Protocols
May 1, 2020
- Only one additional person may accompany you to your visit.
- Social distancing in the office will be enforced. We will be limiting the number of patients seen each day in order to keep from crowding the waiting room; no more than three people will be allowed in the waiting room at a time. You may choose to check in by phone and wait in your car until your appointment.
- We will do a health screening before you enter the office, including taking your temperature using an infrared, non-contact thermometer. Anyone with a temperature over 100º F will not be allowed in the office. All doctors and staff will have their temperatures checked before each shift and will not be allowed to work if running a fever.
- Everyone entering the office will be required to wear a form fitting face mask. All staff are required to wear a mask.
- We have added face shields to the doctor’s slit lamp and other instruments that require close interaction.
- Each exam room and pre-testing room has it's own medical grade Hepa Air Filter.
- We will continue our usual practice of disinfecting the equipment between each patient. We will have a staff member dedicated to sanitizing equipment as well as door handles, chairs, and anything else used during the course of a visit.
- When looking at glasses, we will have you wash/sanitize your hands before and after handling any frames and will have you place any frames you touch in a bin for disinfection.
- We are continuing to ask you to call and schedule an appointment if you need to pick out glasses, pick up glasses, or have frame adjustments/repairs made. You do not need an appointment to pick up contact lenses, but we do ask that you call from your car for curbside pick-up.